Smooth, rugged and a beauty to look at as you enjoy the hobby of a lifetime. This superior offering from DAIWA is reported by many to handle sharkes, tuna, dorada and yellowtail with ease. If you're looking for a show-stealing spinning reel that will have your friends green with envy, look no further than this gem which is available in stunning chrome, blue and gold.
It's about more than looks with the Expedition 5500, though. This is a premium investment in your fishing hobby or career, and this price range combined with a quality brand like DAIWA means one thing - more features than you could shake a stick at. We're not kidding, here: the Saltiga Expedition incorporates design technology from NASA, boasting an excellent balance of weight, drag pressure (15kg - that'll do), silent oscillation on its Zaion air rotor and manual bail return - to name but a few.
Our opinion: If you're serious about your fishing, want the best and want it to look incredible, well..What can we say? You're on the right product page!
Here are some more specs for you to salivate over:
- Model: SA EX 5500H Saltiga Expedition
- Gear Ratio: 5.7:1
- Ball Bearings: 13+1
- Weight: 635g
- Drag Pressure: 15kg
- Approximate braid line capacity PE 5 (50lb)/350m, PE6 (60lb)/270m
- Real Four, Mag Sealed, Magseal bearings
- Zaion Air Rotor, Rotor Break, Silent Oscillation
- UTD Hyper Tune
- Hyper Digigear, Minimum Offset Gearing
- Twistbuster II, Tough Air Bail, Manual Bail Return
- ABS II
- Super Metal Housing (body and side plate)
- CRBB system
- Hybrid carbon/forged aluminium spool
- Wide Open roller for heavy shock leader, Magseal Line roller
Package Dimensions: 6.8 x 6.6 x 4.2 inches