Ideally suited for fishing tuna, snapper and jack fish, this affordable reel is made with the need for high speed and strength in mind. Okuma have given a solid offering here, providing an affordable spinning reel that's compact and comfortable in the hand.
It's durable, too, thanks largely to its alumilite construction. The dual force drag system makes for a highly smooth and balanced kind of stopping power which is easily sensed in the hand, making the pulling of tuna or other determined fish possible and probable!
Our opinion: We love the dual force drag system on this one. It's designed for adrenaline-inducing fish, and it handles their power on the line perfectly. You really can't argue with Okuma's more affordable range of reels, and this is a high performer by any definition.
If you need power and control for your saltwater fishing activities, this is a great pick.
A few of those specs to look at:
- Precision dual force drag system
- 4HPB + 1RB corrosion-resistant stainless steel ball bearings
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Precision machine-cut brass pinion gears
- Corrosion-resistant coating process during manufacture
- Rigid diecast aluminum frame and sideplate
- Precision elliptical gearing system
- Computer balanced rotor equalising system
- Gear ratio: 6.2: 1
- Weight: 12.1 oz
- Line retrieve: 34"
- Max drag pressure: 20 lbs
Package Dimensions: 11.0 x 5.0 x 5.0 inches