There's a lot to say in favour of this trolling reel from Okuma. It's built in a remarkably rugged fashion for something so affordable, featuring heavy-duty brass gears that are machine cut. Built on the famed star drag foundation common to Okuma reels, it can handle up to 7kg of drag without breaking a sweat.
The mechanical stabilising system in this reel is a great addition. Acting as a support that ties into the gear bearing, drift shaft, main gear, spool gear and pinion gear, this handy system essentially ensures that all these moving parts remain in alignment while in use. The result? Stronger, more durable reels that are smooth in their operation.
Our opinion: Durability is the name of the game with this great reel. It's lightweight and built to last. It's also packed full of thoughtful features that make it convenient and simple to use, even for beginners. A great gift for someone getting into fishing, and a reliable addition to any experienced fisherman's arsenal.
- Lightweight corrosion resistant frame & sideplates
- Multi-disc, Carbonite drag system
- Aluminum handle arm with Ergo grip handle knobs
- 2BB + 1RB Stainless steel ball bearings
- Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Oversized machine cut brass XL drive and pinion gears
- Self-lubricating gearing system, all models
- Speed Lock pinion gear system, all models
- Machined aluminum, two tone anodized spool
- Dual anti-reverse system. (Mechanical and roller bearing)
- Mechanical line counter function measures in feet
- CVT: Clear View Technology anti-fogging line counter
- Aluminum ratcheting drag star for precision drag settings
- Wide Mouth levelwind: Clearance for copper lines
- Automatic trip spool engaging mechanism
- MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for increased durability
- DLX represent left hand crank line counter models
Package Dimensions: 7.0 x 4.7 x 3.7 inches