Professional fishermen and experienced enthusiasts both appreciate the Komodo from Okuma. It's built to last in that signature Okuma fashion, somehow combining the staggering durability of stainless steel gearing and drive shafts and machine-cut pinion gears with a fetching visual aesthetic.
This baitcaster is a beast where drag output is concerned, designed to easily handle the largest freshwater fish out there. Pike, musky and salmon are suitable prey for this reel, together with inshore fish such as calico bass, jacks and stripers.
Our opinion: This is moving up in the price range for Okuma reels, but it's fully justified. This is the baitcaster you break out when you're after big game, and it's focus in the build on absolute durability and drag power reflects that. This is a specialist tool in the arsenal of any enthusiast or professional who's after large species. It won't break, it works well and it's from a trusted brand. Great stuff.
Some specs to look at:
- Stainless steel main gear
- Precision machine-cut stainless steel pinion gear
- Heavy duty stainless-steel drive and spool shafts
- Rigid die-cast aluminium frame and side-plates
- CRC: Corrosion-Resistant Coating process
- A6061-T6 machined aluminium, anodised spool
- Multi-disc high output Carbonite drag system
- Micro-click drag star for precise drag settings
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Precision Japanese ABEC-5 spool bearings
- Dual anti-reverse
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- 6-pin Velocity Control casting system
- Synchronized levelwind optimised for braided lines
- Zirconium line guide inserts for use with braided lines
- On/Off clicker for trolling, chunking or bait fishing
Package Dimensions: 10.0 x 7.6 x 6.1 inches